Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thing 3: Set up an RSS account

Today I learned about RSS accounts. The concept seems very useful. I set up an account in Google Reader and set up 3 subscriptions. I think I'll have to refine my choices, though because when I returned to Google Reader this afternoon, I had @40 articles in my account--far more than I have time for or interest in. Now I know what to look for on a website to add it to my RSS account. I need to learn how to add other 23 Things blogs to my RSS, though. I'd like to see how other 23 Things students are doing and learn from their comments and progress. I can see how this tool could be useful both at work and personally once I become more comfortable with it.

3 comments:

minnemom said...

I'm using the RSS feeds as you mentioned, to keep up with what others are learning. If you're using bloglines, just click on the "Feeds" tab on the left, then click on "Add" and enter the url of the blog you want to watch in the box in the middle. It will bring up a page that lets you make some choices and watch the blogs.

It's working well for me. Hope you find success as well!

marylibrary said...

I have had some problems getting started with each of the steps, but have found that folks are happy to help. It's humbling, but I feel my role in life is to help others feel better about themselves. As in "I'm not the ONLY one with that problem. :-)

CMLE Coach said...

You are not alone with problems...there is always a learning curve....I can also understand about "controlling" your RSS feeds...I have mine set to only show the latest 3 at a time...course then they are heavily trafficked.

Keep sharing...


Cindy Gruwell
CMLE 23 Things Coach