Monday, February 11, 2008

Thing 4: Photosharing with Flickr

I am excited to learn how to use Flickr because our library system has a Flickr account to which branches may post pictures of local library events. I spent a fair amount of time learning how to upload and tag my photos. It also took me awhile to figure out how to use Flickr's blogging tool. I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to get into the ECRL Flickr account to upload my photos, so I'll need to keep working on that.

I liked what the Clemens Library at the College of St. Benedict and St. John's University did with their Flickr account.

I'll have to get a lot better and speedier at this Flickr thing, though for it to be useful for me. I particularly need to learn how to upload a file of photos rather than 1 photo at a time. Any suggestions?

Re: public vs. private photos...All the library photos I took were marked public since there were no people in the photos. If I'd use Flickr for private photos, I'd mark most of them for private viewing by a select group of family and friends.

No comments: